You will be working with clients and other internal team members to design, configure, implement, and deploy solutions after thoroughly analyzing and understanding the business requirements. You will identify specific needs, design the Salesforce platform to meet those requirements, and work with the client to ensure a successful implementation. You will be technically capable and confident in your approach to help customers embrace and adopt new technology.
In short: you can manage many projects at once, can understand general business concepts, handle all customization on the declarative side, and know Salesforce extremely well.
- Provide overall systems architecture expertise in order to relate and build upon new and existing client environments. (Must know where Salesforce’s declarative functionality ends and custom development begins. You don’t need to know Apex but you do need to know when you need a Visualforce page, what the capabilities of it are, when you need a trigger, what you can do with an AppEx app, and when/if they’re needed).
- Assess and analyze the requirements needed to implement changes and advise on the options available to support the request within the system constraints while assessing potential risks and impacts.
- Work with developers to translate requirements thoroughly and clearly.
- Project Manage the development team (both onshore and offshore developers).
- QA technical requirements.
- Manage end-to-end delivery of complex solutions to multiple clients. (Able to know that on single project, you could have 20 deliverables, many Apex or integration based, multiplied by 4-8 projects at a time).
- Manage and lead custom Salesforce development solutions.
- Develop and contribute to data migration and/or system integration strategy.
Required Skill sets: **
- Minimum 3yrs+ of Salesforce consultant experience
- In-depth technical backend knowledge of the Salesforce platform
- Desire to quickly advance your career and skill sets