Sullivan, Cotter and Associates, Inc. has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Administrative Assistant in our Parsippany office that has the demonstrated ability to create, support and execute a variety of services that promote the goals of the Firm and help to drive business results.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparing and editing complex and confidential correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents.
- Prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously, and following through on issues in a timely manner.
- Calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external executives, consultants and assistants, to coordinate a variety of meetings.
- Arranging travel schedules and reservations for executive management, as needed.
- Sorting and distributing incoming correspondence by priority; organizing and prioritizing large volumes of information including the survey library.
- Answering phones and managing incoming calls appropriately, professionally and efficiently.
- Proactively organizing and managing office supply stock; ordering supplies as needed.
- Coordinating and managing the operation and maintenance of office equipment.
- Assist with the planning and setup of internal or client meetings, lunches etc., as requested.
- Maintaining the overall office presence in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Support and backup other administrative assistants in the firm, as needed.
- Contribute ideas and efforts toward improved internal firm operating procedures.
- Participate in continuing education to maintain leading edge knowledge and skills in area of expertise.
- Maintain an adequate daily time summary.
- Flexibility to work overtime as required.
- Various other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Associate degree in a business-related field.
- Basic understanding of the not-for-profit health care industry or the compensation consulting environment is a plus.
- Proven expert-level knowledge of and experience working with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Microsoft Office Specialist certification preferred.
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills, and the ability to simultaneously manage and execute several challenging projects or tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong problem analysis and decision-making skills, and the ability to:
- Anticipate and proactively address the administrative needs of office staff.
- Effectively analyze a situation and proactively take action.
- Make decisions wisely and after adequately contemplating various available courses of action.
- Work effectively and positively with ambiguity.
- Approach challenges in a systematic and rigorous manner, and formulate a logical plan based on proposed solutions.
- Demonstrates integrity and confidentiality under any circumstance or situation.
- Ability to coordinate Client-related or inter-office meetings and events, as needed.
- Demonstrates advanced editing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with Clients and colleagues at all levels within the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.